|Posted||November 24, 2022|
|Title||Veterinary Assistant (PT) - Regions 4/8/14|
|Company||Southern Veterinary Partners|
Eldorado Animal Hospital opened in McKinney, Texas on March 2, 1998. We are a full service hospital providing veterinary care to dogs, cats, pocket pets, and exotics. We offer services such as boarding, grooming, training, and laser therapy, along with routine medical, surgical, and dental care. Here at Eldorado Animal Hospital, we are dedicated to providing the best care and services for our clients and their pets. Our hospital believes in the importance of one-on-one visits with our clients and we strive to keep an open line of communication. If you are a passionate and caring team player please apply today!
The Veterinary Assistant is responsible for assisting Veterinarians and Credentialed Veterinary Technicians in the care of animals, the hospital, and all medical equipment and machinery. Assistants will help maintain a clean, efficient, and healthy environment for animals being treated or boarded at the hospital. The Veterinary Assistant is a crucial part of the medical team and is responsible for advocating for the patient as well as education of the clients.
- Assist doctors and credentialed veterinary technicians with appointments, prepping patients for surgery and minor procedures, and pro-actively set up any equipment and or tools to be used for a patient
- Collect and prepare laboratory samples such as fecal, urine, and ear cytologies
- Restrain animals in a safe, efficient and compassionate manner during examinations and procedures
- Obtain accurate vital signs on patients
- Document any changes of a pet’s condition and vital signs appropriately in medical records and notify doctor or veterinary technicians of any unusual medical or behavioral problems
- Communication with all aspects of the medical team from the front Customer Service Staff to the Kennel Technicians
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital including kennels and runs, treatment areas, exam rooms, and surgery suite
- Care and maintenance of all medical equipment including laboratory machines, surgical packs, anesthesia machines, and any other tools that are essential to daily operations
- Communicate with clients per hospital policy in a compassionate and professional way on either the status of their pet, or any questions they may have
- Perform other duties as assigned by doctors, receptionists, and veterinary technicians to assist in the smooth flow of the daily operation of the hospital
- High School diploma or GED certificate
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday shifts
- Knowledge of medical procedures and animal handling
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Excellent communication skills, a sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is required
- Must be dependable, demonstrate strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Pay range of $13.35-$20.90/hour based on experience
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- SVP offers educational assistance for qualified teammates to enroll in AVMA-CVTEA accredited veterinary technician programs
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 5,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!
Our team’s continuous dedication has rewarded us with remarkable growth, and Southern Veterinary Partners now employs more than 8,000 employees nationwide. The organization’s success has not gone unnoticed, landing us recognition as #19 on Newsweek’s “Most Loved Workplaces” list in 2022. Additionally, we have ranked among Inc. 5000’s List of “Fastest Growing Companies in America” (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022) and the Birmingham Business Journal’s “FastTrack 30” of the Fastest Growing Companies in Birmingham (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021).